Thursday, August 9, 2018

Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Day 22

I left Chico this morning about 11am. Intended to leave about 10 but got sidetracked talking to my brother and looking for an image on the computer. It was pretty nice in Chico, slightly hazy. By the time I got to Orland and Interstate 5 it was very smoky. I drove north of Orland to Corning to the Olive Pit. A store that sells every kind of olive combination, olive oil, balsamic vinegars of many flavors, many gift items made out of olive wood. Plus many other fun gift type items, and a restaurant.  It's a stop I have to make each trip to California.

Going north on I-5 towards Corning


Olive tree
Dee's service started in Willows  at the Open Gate Christian Fellowship Church at 1pm. I got there about 10 minutes before and the place was packed!! She had a lot of friends that thought a lot of her. It was a beautiful simple service. The same pastor performed her service as did Lon's graveside service 2 years ago. It was a potluck and they had a LOT of food. I got to see several of Lon's relatives and several high school friends that I hadn't seen for a long time. Unfortunately I didn't take but one picture. Lisa (Lon's step daughter) and her family came for the service from Chico. It looks like I'm shrinking but I think Eric is just getting taller!!
Amie, Carter, Carol, Eric, and Lisa

I have decided to stay one more night with Jackie. Jeana (Jackie's daughter) has invited us for dinner tomorrow night so I can see the girls one more time. Will leave Friday am.
It's late here again so will post for tonight.
Take care. Hugs, Carol

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I am so enjoying your posts and pictures. I am glad you are getting to spend some time with your family and friends. Your Tennessee friends miss you too and hope to see you soon. Have a safe trip home and we will see you when you get back. Barbara B.

    ReplyDelete