Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday, August 12, 2018
Day 26

This is going to be short. I'm tired tonight. Drove 550 miles today. Took 9 hours. Now I'm on Central Time so lost an hour. I didn't take many pictures today. Not much new to show that I haven't already posted.
The Holiday Inn Express was close to the railroad. There were trains going all night. I have never seen so many trains as I have on this trip. One train had a whole bunch or UPS trailers and Fed Ex trailers. They were separated by a bunch of other companies!! This truck was parked at the hotel this am. Not sure is you can see it, but it has wheels that drop down to run on the rails. Interesting.
There was a lot more traffic today than yesterday, even out in the open spaces. More trucks than cars and seemed like more were going west.  The first picture is north of Denver when the traffic was starting to back up. It looks like it's a long stretch but in the dip it curves to the right and under an overpass. The second picture was at a standstill north of Denver. The mountains were slightly visible. Could see a couple patches of snow but not well enough to take a picture.

The next 3 are when I had to pull off the road and walk around. The turnoff said Lowland Drive. I don't think it went any place!!! These were the buildings there. And a head of cattle. Reminded me of California on west side of valley. Must have been quite an operation at one time. 



I'm at Hampton Inn tonight in Hays, KS. Will call in am to try to make reservation for Wentzville, MO. Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday.  
I'm ready to be home. 
More tomorrow.
Hugs, Carol 


No comments:

Post a Comment