Friday, August 3, 2018

Thursday, August 2, 2018
Day 16.

Let's see...... I have to think a minute where I started out the day!! :-) I got up early when the rest of the family got up at Brother Bud's. Linda's sister, Leslie, left early to return to her home in Redding. Her place didn't burn but she said the air quality was not good.
 I went to town and went to a few stores. I stopped at a yarn shop that I like to see each trip to California. I went to Costco to get a couple of items and to fill up with gas. Then I went to the Chico Enterprise Record (newspaper) to get some copies of the newspaper with Dee's obituary. Dee's daughter and granddaughter are coming down from Washington - leaving Saturday from there. They will stay with Dick on Tuesday and Wednesday. So I thought they would like copies. A picture of the newspaper  site. Saw another restaurant that used to be Casa Lupe but it has changed now too.


The Silver Dollar Fair is a large fair the end of May each year. They also have car races there and other events.  

The Sierra Nevada Brewing Company started in Chico in 1979. Was a hangout for some hospital workers after shifts! In 2016 it was the 7th largest brewing company is the U. S.  The last picture is hard to see but it's a very large field with hops. The first part of the field doesn't have anything growing in it. 



I got to Lisa's house about 2pm. All of Lisa's kids and their kids were there and about 4 daycare kids. They were swimming and then playing LCR (left, right, center - a dice game) in the tree house! Have to send a picture of a palm tree. It's in Lisa's backyard. 



 Cousins watching cousins!! Tiana and Carter.  Lisa fixed tacos, and a taco salad for dinner. Delicious. Eight kids and 7 adults!! Also more good honey dew melon and cantaloupe!  Then for dessert had sliced peaches that Dick had given me from Velma's peach tree in Orland. They were delicious. Had them on shortcake with cool whip. Her tree is really producing this year. Too bad Velma and Dee aren't here to enjoy them. 
Today was the day our Uncle Clarence was born and also the day he died in 1971. Then our dad (his brother) died on this day in 1976!! 
Tomorrow I will be driving back down to Woodland to stay with Jackie for a few days. Will come back to Chico on Monday to stay with my brother. 
The fires are still burning but the containment is improving a little. But some are still on fire watch for evacuation. The Redding (Carr) fire has burned 125,000 acres and 1000+ homes have been lost. 
I have family in the Lake County fire that are watching and prepared to leave. 
And to make matter worse, the fire danger is expected to increase again this weekend. 
That's all for tonight. Take care. 
Hugs, Carol 


No comments:

Post a Comment