Saturday, August 4, 2018

Friday, August 3, 2018
Day 17

Left Chico this am having an overcast sky from smoke and fine ashes on the car. I stopped by Raley's grocery store to try to find a replacement cup for my water. It rolled out of my car when I was loading up and broke badly!! Had gotten it at Raley's a couple of years ago. But they don't carry them any more. So just took a picture of the beautiful produce section.

By the time I got to Orland, 20 miles away, I could really smell the smoke! Another trip down the valley without being about to see the mountains on either side or the Sutter Buttes. When I got to Jackie's home, her friend that works at the tomato cannery, Pacific Coast Producers (trade name Contadina), had sent some pictures of the tomato trucks that I have been wanting to get. Pretty interesting I think. 




This evening the breeze from the delta (Bay Area) kind of cleared the air some. The sunset shows how it's moving to the north. Any change in the wind direction tho will bring the smoke back. The two fires in Lake County have merged into one burning 150,000+ acres. Some people are being allowed back into their homes while others are still on watch or being asked to evacuate.  While I was outside looking at the sunset I took pictures of Jackie's yard. She has such a beautiful yard.  She works hard at it.  




And the sunset....... the north is to the right. The gray in the sky is smoke, not clouds. 

Last one is Jackie's dining room table. The table runner was made by yours truly a few years ago. 
For a night cap, we had a delicious bowl of homemade strawberry ice cream with chocolate syrup. Jack makes the BEST ice cream. Now to bed. My time out here is running out. Will soon be 3 weeks since I left TN. A couple of tough days coming up but is good to be with family and friends. 
Take care. Hope all is well.
Hugs, Carol 





No comments:

Post a Comment