Friday, August 10, 2018

Thursday, August 9, 2018
Day 23

I woke up this morning to a crew of men grading the driveway and preparing it for tomorrow. They are going to be laying asphalt tomorrow am early.

Jackie and Jack in front yard. Jackie getting ready to walk with Carley.  The workers are off to the right.
Jackie and Jack


I had originally planned to leave this morning. Then Jeana asked if she could talk me into staying one more night so she could have a dinner for all of us. I'm so glad I chose to stay. It was great seeing them and the dinner was excellent. Another Tri-tip. Had to get my fill of Tri-tip since I can't get it in TN. Or at least at a reasonable price. Have found it at Publix but it was so pricey. This one came from Costco so might try to see if the Costco in Nashville carries them. They are the best especially when marinated and cooked on the grill. Jeana made stuffed zucchini, a tomato salad, green salad, Tri-tip by Mark, and a yummy berry cobbler with ice cream. Going to have to starve myself the next few days!!
Mark, Jack, Kaia, Teagan, Jeana, and Jackie



Kaia and Carol

Teagan and Carol 

Mark, Carol, Jeana
What a wonderful trip this has been even though the main reason for it was very sad. Dee is at peace and doesn't have to suffer through a long illness. It's hard on the friends and family, but in the long run it is such a blessing.
Will close for now. Will be updating every night and also texting to the group that is did on the way out here. Wouldn't mind a phone call if anyone wants to call. If I'm in a high traffic situation I will let you know and will call back.
Take care.  Love you all.
Hugs, Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment