Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Day 21

I think this is going to be short tonight. It's already late. It's been a full day. I stayed with Bud and Linda last night and will again tonight. For lunch today I met my grade school and high school girlfriend, Judy,  at La Hacienda. One of my favorite restaurants. They have the BEST secret sauce for their tostadas. We talked for almost 3 hours!! What a wonderful time we had. Reminiscing like two old ladies and comparing our health issues :-) We had so much fun when we were growing up together.  Unfortunately, I totally forgot to get our picture together. I had thought about it last night and this am.
Here are a couple of pictures of Bud and Linda's home and yard. They have a lovely patio that I have enjoyed using. No bugs!!

After lunch I drove around Chico some and took a few pictures. This is the Methodist Church and Jim Peterson  and I were married in 50 years ago.  It looks much smaller (and older) to me than I remember it!! 
Tomorrow is Dee's celebration in Willows which is about 45 minutes from Chico. It's a potluck event so I made another double batch of Texas Caviar. Linda helped me chop the bell peppers. Sure helped out. I wasn't sure I was going to get it all back in the smaller bowl after I mixed it, but it did fit. :-) 

I plan to leave Chico about 10 tomorrow, drive to Corning to the Olive Pit and then to Willows for the service. Then to Jackie's for 1 last night in California. the weather had been nice today. 90's which isn't bad. 
Until tomorrow. Take care.
Hugs, Carol 


No comments:

Post a Comment