Monday, August 6, 2018

Sunday, August 5, 2018
Day 19

Another wonderful day in California. Was very overcast this am with smoke, but cleared some. Started out cool. Warmed up some as the sun came out. When Jackie was walking this am, she took a couple of pictures for me. First ones are of the almond harvest equipment. One of the images of the almond shaker is from Google but thought you might enjoy seeing it closer. It grabs the tree and shakes it. The nuts fall and then a sweeper comes along and puts the nuts into rows as shown. Those rows are picked up with another piece of equipment and loaded to trucks.


Also on her walk, she passed a peach orchard. Looks like they are close to being ripe. 
This afternoon Jack went out to his grapes, and found one bunch of Thompson seedless grapes that was ready. I saw them yesterday hiding among the leaves. This bunch weighed 2.75 pounds!! And are very good!! 
Before I left Tennessee, I ordered flowers from Gallatin Florist to be put on the altar of my church this weekend. Gallatin First United Methodist. I forgot that it would be Communion Sunday, so the flowers were on a pedestal at the side. Tom Neal was kind and took pictures for me of the flowers and the note in the bulletin. I was able to see and hear the service on Facebook live. He will deliver the flowers to Morningside, an assisted living facility in Gallatin. There are several residents there that knew Lon so they will enjoy seeing his flowers I think. 

Tonight I was fortunate enough to have Scott (Jackie's son) and his family come out again for dinner. Had Papa Murphy's pizza, green salad, tomatoes, and a version of Texas caviar. And of course, homemade strawberry ice cream with chocolate sauce. Scott brought some banana peppers he got from a field where he is doing some painting. We cut up the peppers, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro with Red Wine Vinaigrette. It turned out very good. 
Jack and Jackie and dinner

Julie and Scott Barrett, Jack and Jackie Rexroad on the porch.

What a great day!! Tomorrow I will head to Chico to stay with my brother and wife. Have a couple of people I want to see and some  pictures to take. Time is getting short so need to get in the things I want to do. Have made lists so can check off items as I get them done. Now if I can just remember where I put the lists!! Thursday will be here before I know it!! 
Take care. Happy Sunday to all.
Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment