Sunday, August 6, 2017

Day 8. Sunday, August 6, 2017

Today was a day of reflection and some sadness, but beautiful too.  Iri and I walked out to the beach at McKerricker State Park, and spread some of Lon's ashes on the headlands. It was one of our favorite places to visit.  The weather today is very foggy and overcast. The sun tried to come out for a few minutes but it failed.  I'm missing him today,  as every day.  We are going to have dinner at a favorite restaurant The Wharf, in Noyo Harbor.




When Lon was doing a lot of his leather pictures, he did one of a lighthouse and a ship.  It was Point Cabrillo Lighthouse.  We drove down there to see it, as Lon and I did 3 years ago. It is a 1/2 mile walk out to the lighthouse from the parking lot. There is a parking lot for handicapped out by the lighthouse but I don't have a handicap card anymore. So we started walking. I got part way and we met a couple that said it's much harder coming back (uphill) than going out there. Since I strained my ankle last night and am using my cane, they suggested that Iri go back and get the car and drive us down there. They said there were parking spaces for other than handicap.  So she did but we still had to walk a distance to get to the lighthouse after we parked.  I'm so glad they suggested that because I never would have made it back out.  First picture is from the bench where I waited.




This is The Wharf that we are going to eat in Noyo Harbor. A fishing boat coming home for the day.



Our new room with 2 beds and a message on the counter :-)


This morning for church at the First United Methodist Church in Gallatin I had ordered flowers for the pedestal in memory of Lon.  Tom Neal sent me this picture of the flowers.  They are beautiful.


Time to go eat  - - again!!!
Have a good night all.  Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment