Friday, August 25, 2017

Day 26. Thursday, August 24, 2017

Yesterday evening Natalie and I went to dinner at Parma's, an Italian restaurant.  It was super good.  Kind of noisy, but some groups of people were having a good time!  I had Chicken Picatta over spaghetti, and Nat had Chicken Marsala over spaghetti.  Both were excellent!!
  

When I got up today, I felt pretty decent so I packed my things and left shortly after Natalie left for work.  I didn't take the main freeway out of Dallas so the traffic wasn't bad at all.  I left about 8:30am.  I saw many highway signs that discouraged travel to the Texas coast due to the hurricane watches and warnings for Harvey.  The first picture is near Hope, Arkansas (home of President Clinton).  The second picture is arriving in Memphis just before the Mississippi River.  The pyramid building which used to be an arena for basketball is now Bass Pro Shop.  Wished I could have gotten a better close up picture of the pyramid. It is impressive .  It's the pointed triangular shaped building almost in center of picture (left center).


I was fortunate to miss most of the rush hour traffic.  Did have a slow down on the east side of Memphis, but turned out to be a wreck on the west bound lanes. They were backed up 3 miles. Our side was just slow, probably from looky lous!!

I got home about 9pm.  Had sort of planned to stay in Little Rock, AR but arrived there fairly early and decided to get closer to home before stopping. Well, the closer to home I got, the more I wanted to be home :-)  I feel pretty good tonight but definitely feel like I have been on a boat all day.  So vertigo issue it still present.

So my trip is over!! It was a great trip - 6,180 miles - other than my health issues.  But I saw a lot of things that I wanted to see, some people that I had planned to see, spent time at Almanor (my favorite place) and visited the coast at Ft. Bragg to place Lon's ashes (one of my main goals).
I have enjoyed writing the blog. I hope those of you who read it enjoyed it also.  Until my next trip.......Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you arrived home! It's been a " bumpy ride" but sounds like you enjoyed it! Was great seeing you. Now maybe you can get your medical issues addressed and resolved! Thanks for the blog- I looked forward to reading your updates and seeing the photos. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making it possible for me to get my Almanor fix!! Was great to see you and family. Will have to come back to visit everyone who I missed. It's good to be home tho 😄

    ReplyDelete