Sunday, August 13, 2017

Day 14 and 15. Saturday and Sunday, August 12 and August 13, 2017

Missed posting yesterday, so posting for 2 days today.  I decided to leave Almanor 1 day early and come down to the valley.  I wasn't feeling great. Foot hurting,  feet swollen and a bit unsteady on the uneven ground.  I closed up the trailer and drove down Hwy 32 ( a beautiful drive along the Deer Creek).  Stopped in Chico to visit with Lon's mother and sister and her husband.  Had a nice visit. And then drove to Jackie's in Zamora, CA arriving about 10pm.  So we sat up until 11:30 visiting!  Here are pictures of the lake as I was leaving. It was a little hazy this am.  There was a gorgeous speed boat that was my color - purple and blue.  It was FAST!!  Very unusual - the steering wheel was on the left side.  Don't remember seeing a boat with that set up. Made me want to be on the lake!!






This was my home for several days.  It was wonderful and I'm very thankful to my sister for letting me use her trailer.


Just had to take a picture of the gas prices in Chester. Not the most expensive that I've paid on the trip but close!  Look at the diesel price.  I think it's higher than regular in TN.  or at least it used to be when we had a diesel pickup.


This is a quick drive by photo of the outpatient department I worked at when I retired and moved to Tennessee.


Today - Sunday - pictures of my sister's backyard.  It's picture perfect.




Solar panels......                                                            Jack's garden - Eucalyptus trees in back.


A peaceful corner of the yard.                 Lemon tree with 2nd crop on.


When I was in Chester at the grocery store, I bought some cherries that looked really good.  They are delicious, sweet not like some cherries that are tart!  Was looking at receipt later and realized I paid $12 for them. So, it's a good thing they taste good!!  Every last one of them will be eaten :-)



That's all for now.  Hope to have more pictures tomorrow.  Going to have dinner with Jeana and family and Scott and family and Jackie and Jack. So hope I remember to take pictures.  Totally forgot to get any pictures at Dee's house until I was 45 miles down the road!  Oh well, hope the mind isn't going yet :-) ?Overload?  Until tomorrow........Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment