Thursday, August 17, 2017

Day 18 and 19, Wednesday and Thursday, August 16, and 17, 2017
Edited.
Yesterday morning I left Zamora and my sister and Jack. Was so happy that I was able to spend time with them. My plans of who I was going to visit while in California changed mostly because of how I was feeling and my foot.  And last night in Elko I didn't feel very good again.  Had been feeling good while in Zamora.  I think it is the altitude helping me to not feel well.  Anyway, that's why I didn't post a note last night. So this will include pictures from 2 days.
Picture of Jackie and Jack in their front yard. And their other dog, Jesse that wasn't included in the "dog family pictures".

Their flag in the Eucalyptus trees.                      Tomatoes on the ramp from harvest.

Another picture on Interstate 80 going over Donner Summit.  I love the trees!

Lots of road construction east of Reno near Fernley.


I believe this is the Humbolt sink where the Humbolt River disappears into the ground. It's east of Reno.

 














Pretty clouds between Lovelock and Winnemucca

Highway going into tunnels near Carlin, west of Elko.


Finally got a picture of the Red Lion Inn in Elko.  Same place Iri and I stayed on August 2.  Nice accommodations.




I left Elko about 9:30 this am. Was nice in the 70's.  Good weather for the day of travel.
Two old crows were there to see me off!!                      This rock formation was near Wells, NV



Just a picture for my granddaughter.  Taken in Wendover, NV.

This sign to Bonneville Speedway is just as you come down out of Wendover, UT.  Time changed to Mountain time there. The second picture is of the salt flats. (Sorry about the bugs on windshield!)


I think these pictures were on the way into Park City, UT.  Photo says Coalville, UT.  Beautiful rock formations.


This big guy was at Little America Travel Center, WY.  It is quite a stop. Store, restaurant, hotel. Whatever the weary traveller needs.


More rock formations. This time in Green River, WY. Beautiful country.



Tonight I am at the Clarion Hotel in Rock Springs, WY.  I was lucky to get a room.  I didn't have phone service coming across so wasn't able to call ahead for a room. When I went to the Hampton Inn, they were full. The lady told me that all hotels in town appeared to be full except the Clarion. Well, a couple of less than desirable motels might have had rooms!  The reason - people getting their rooms to get in place for the eclipse!!  They said Casper WY is is direct line and is already booked.  Some of the "flea bag" motels are booking rooms for $1300 a night!! She said she had been to the Verizon store last week and said that the cell service is going to get real bad and on the day of the eclipse probably won't be able to get on line. So they are encouraging people to know where gas stations are, get maps, etc. because won't be able to access information on their phones.  Yesterday was told that some people that are in Idaho are renting out their homes for $2500-$3000 and staying with friends!!!
Going to be bad if it's cloudy or stormy.  I didn't realize it was such a big deal!


Going to bed soon.  Not sure when I will hit Central time.  Hope to get to Kansas tomorrow.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Good night.  Hugs.

OOPS!! Forgot to post my dinner picture. Went to restaurant in the hotel.  Was a Mexican restaurant. I ordered 3 enchiladas.  There is soooo much food on this plate.  I could only eat half of it!!  But was very good.




1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your post! Hope you feeling well and keep plugging along!!

    ReplyDelete