Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 13 day 5 (Friday the 13th)

It's been a Good Friday the 13th. Last night we stayed in Marshall Texas at a Hampton Inn. Had a nice breakfast at the hotel before leaving for Dallas. Needed to get fortified in preparation for Dallas traffic. Fortunately the weather was good. When we got close to Dallas and Plano I just had to find Fabric Fanatics quilt Shop. I'm friends with them on Facebook and had won some fabric from them last year. It was well worth the detour to find it. They stock only batiks!!! My favorite. A good part of their inventory was gone to a quilt show in Cincinnati and then Chicago. Even so, there were more bolts of gorgeous fabrics than I had seen in one shop. I had to shop fast. Lon was waiting in the car - getting antsy and ready to see his daughter!  Sorry - no time for photos there.  Good thing because it's looking like I can't add photos here from my phone. Don't have wifi available for computer
Anyway, we arrived at Natalie's home around 3pm. Was good to see her. After Lon got in a quick nap, she made a delicious dinner. Then we just relaxed and visited.
Lon is still doing well and happy to see his daughter.
I'm writing this post very early Saturday am. Will try to post again tonight after another trip to a quilt shop near by - Quilt Country. Not sure what else is on the agenda for the day. Take care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment