Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Day 14
I think this will be a fairly short post. Haven't taken many pictures. I got up early and left Woodland about 9:45am. It was a little smoky there but as I drove up the valley it got more and more hazy. I finally saw another tomato truck but I was in traffic near a rest stop and didn't take a picture while driving. I was driving for these pictures but there wasn't any traffic. I wanted you to be able to see how smoky it was. This is Orland.

When I got to Chico, I went to Costco to reprint the pictures I had made for Dee's funeral and for Dick. When I labelled them with a gel pen, the ink would not dry even after blotting so it smeared all over the pictures. One picture of Dee ended up with a mustache!!! So couldn't give them away. 
When I got to Lisa's house, she had a houseful of grand kids and a few day care kids. we had a busy lunch and spent a little time outside. It's pretty warm outside but not unbearable. One of the babies is 6 weeks old. I'm going to include a picture of me with him, but it's not good :-) 
Carter

Some had already left! Casey, Ryann, Amie, Elliahna, Tyler, Scott, baby Carter, Hallie
Now everyone is gone except Ernie, Lisa and me. The sun is bright red!! Tried to take a picture of it but my phone just won't show the red ball. 
Getting this done early.  Going to visit Lon and Velma tomorrow. Need to get some flowers to take. It's going to be hot so will try to go early.  
Until tomorrow. Take care.  Happy birthday to Bev. :-) 
Hugs, 
Carol
P. S. Just heard there is another grass fire on the Sutter Buttes! The Carr Fire (Redding) is now at 110,000 acres. I think containment is 27%. Pray for all.  
When driving in I-5 I saw signs hung on the fences thanking the firefighters!! Was great :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment