Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Day 1


What a beautiful day to travel.  I didn't get as early a start as I wanted, but I was able to leave Gallatin at 10am. I forgot I had gone to Bowling Green so needed to fill up with gas first! This picture is my driveway right before I left. That big tree is a Mimosa and it's in full bloom.  Pretty but messy.  The corn might be done when I get back. Have enjoyed watching the deer come down the road and pull ears off and break the stalks. :-) 


I left Gallatin and took Viet Nam Veterans Blvd to I65 to Old Hickory Blvd. to I24.   That was the worst conditioned- road of all the roads I've been on today. I stopped in Paducah at Subway for a quick lunch. the pictures below are Land Between Lakes sign, soy beans near Cadiz, and the Ohio River in Paducah. 
I know it's not the best thing to be doing- taking pictures, but you can tell they aren't the best photography.  Just quick shots to see what the countryside looked like. It was so pretty. No weather to deal with. 
This next picture is in Vienna, Illinois. You can see how far the freeway goes way in the distance! Might have to click on picture to make it bigger to see it :-)  

The last picture is the best picture I could get of the Arch in St. Louis.  By the time I got to downtown and really close to the Arch and Busch Stadium, I was in the middle of rush hour traffic and couldn't risk taking photos. I felt like I could almost reach out and touch them!! (That sounds like a commercial :-))


When I was about 180 miles out of Kansas City, Kansas I stopped to make a reservation because it was going to be 8:30pm before I got there. I called several motels that I like to use and they were ALL booked.  Some kind of a soccer thing going on for 10 days so very busy. So I called Columbia Hampton Inn and they had a room. Thank heavens!! 
So I'm going to put my feet up. They don't like to be hanging down all day :-) Not sure how far I will get tomorrow but will just go one mile at a time and stop when I need to. 
I talked to Dee while I was driving. It was hard to understand her partly because of being on the car phone. She said she's doing ok. Not sure about that! Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing her and spending some quality time with her. 
The sun doesn't go down here until about 8:45pm. So will probably be light until after 9. That's what I like!! <3
Until tomorrow.................take care. Have a good night one and all. Hugs 💜






2 comments:

  1. Nice pics Mom. Should be plenty of corn to see where you're going! You might get a little home sick for the little "patch" at home! haha. Hello to Aunt Jackie and Uncle Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already seen cornfields. The terrain is much flatter here. 💜

    ReplyDelete