Thursday, July 26, 2018

Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Day 8
Not much new to report on today. Except we are in a heat wave. Was 107 in Sacramento today. And going to be hotter tomorrow. The only saving factor is the “feels like” temp is same as real temp. We  went to Costco again to get “stuff” to take to mountains and I made some pictures of Dee for Dee’s husband, and made the rounds of samples.   Saw a photo book I want to make when I get home. A “coffee table book”. Also saw several things I would like but refrained since no point in hauling stuff cross country. Maybe will forget about them by the time I get home :-) No tomato trucks today.
I have a buddy that relaxed with me in front of a fan after we got back home. She is a good girl!!

Carley


Yesterday I intended to mention that the tall trees around Jackie's house are Eucalyptus trees. They live in a grove of them. Good firewood! 
Tomorrow we will go to Lake Almanor. Today it was 92 up there. It's at 4500 feet so that's unusual. Heard the power was off around the lake but supposed to be back on about 9pm tonight. Not sure the reason because there weren't any storms in the area today. Probably overload.  There have been some outages here in the valley because of heavy use. The authorities are requesting people to limit their use of appliances, and anything that draws lots of electricity.  
Jackie has pointed out that, any one receiving email notification that the blog has been posted,  won't  have a place to comment and also the site doesn't recognize the views. Not a problem. Just inconvenient.  
Tomorrow I will have more pictures of the mountains. We will be going a different road up there so will have new scenery! Then hopefully I will have a good enough signal to post it. Will be using hot spot on  Verizon phone so keep your fingers crossed.   I plan to be in Chico area by Tuesday.  Going to visit Lon and his mother in Newville probably Wednesday or Thursday. To be determined. 
Have a good night all.  Hugs, Carol
P. S. you can probably get ready for some hot weather because after it leaves California it usually take 3-4 days to get to TN. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment